The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I have duals and I love the way they look but I don't want em saggy and what not so I'm tryin to decide whether to dump em or get them raised... Depends on $$$ now I guess.
Appreciate it man

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
going to raise mine, but going to have to wait until I get my bumper/hitch stuff figured out... I can only raise them if I notch out my hitch, and I don't want to do that. I could spend a few hours moving my hitch up, but I'm contemplating making a custom bumper, so why until I know for sure what's happening?

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont have my rear bumper raised, never got the brackets and didnt wanna mess with the hitch, one becuase i didnt want all new drop hitches for the trailers i pulled with it, and 2 didnt wanna buy a new hitch

instead i put a filler plate and added some led lights to it to take up the space

my exhaust isnt really dumped, its more just cut off under the truck, x-pipe welded on and then my 4" tips welded onto the x-pipe

and i do give it some love, ive driven it more than the dmax because im broke and dmax is low on fuel....but blew out a wheel cyl in the rear axle the other day so now i have a new weekend project

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i dont have my rear bumper raised, never got the brackets and didnt wanna mess with the hitch, one becuase i didnt want all new drop hitches for the trailers i pulled with it, and 2 didnt wanna buy a new hitch

instead i put a filler plate and added some led lights to it to take up the space

my exhaust isnt really dumped, its more just cut off under the truck, x-pipe welded on and then my 4" tips welded onto the x-pipe

and i do give it some love, ive driven it more than the dmax because im broke and dmax is low on fuel....but blew out a wheel cyl in the rear axle the other day so now i have a new weekend project

o wow lol so is it cheaper to use the obs?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I have duals and I love the way they look but I don't want em saggy and what not so I'm tryin to decide whether to dump em or get them raised... Depends on $$$ now I guess.
Appreciate it man

To raise them is pretty da gone cheap. I'd do that- if you dump them, the emissions will hasten rust unless your undercoated. That's my $0.02 anyways.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well we don't have emissions where I'm from so looks like I'll just raise em up and then go get me a Burban hitch down at the junkyard

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He means the exhaust gases/particles will accelerate rusting. Not emissions testing.....

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well, when it comes to valances and work/play trucks.....I just leave them on or off or however they lay.....if it falls off one day and there's an annoying tailgater, just enjoy the show....oh, and keep driving, don't stop for them to get your license plate number :p