Tech: Every possible dash switch for GMT400 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2... Nice finds... Hope u got the pig tail for that fog switch...

On a side note I've been finding alot of 97 hoes and burbs with a fog light harness... Ill have 2 check and see if theyre the full harness or just partial... Ive just been grabbin pig tails...

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2... Nice finds... Hope u got the pig tail for that fog switch...

On a side note I've been finding alot of 97 hoes and burbs with a fog light harness... Ill have 2 check and see if theyre the full harness or just partial... Ive just been grabbin pig tails...

I almost left the place without grabbing the pigtail. lol. But yes, I most definitely grabbed the pigtail.

Only problem is with the wood grain panels, I have four window switches and only two windows...

Last edited:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U could wire the rear window switches to active sumthing else... Like air bags or idk sumthing that extends and retracts..?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
or just send um to me they'll fit mine lol

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U could wire the rear window switches to active sumthing else... Like air bags or idk sumthing that extends and retracts..?

I could... except I wouldn't airbag my truck until after the day I die. lol. I knew what you were getting at.

For now, they are just gonna look goofy in an extended cab truck. It'd be cool if I had the talent and know-how to put in power windows in the "extended" part, but thats WAY too much effort for a highschooler's truck.

Plus, the wire harness for the 4-door swiches wasn't in the truck when I looked so I would need to find one of those, and splice it into my stock wiring so that the normal switches work... anyways, its too much work and too much cutting into stock than I like to do.

thz71 said:
or just send um to me they'll fit mine lol

No. They are mine. Go find your own. :p

But if you serious do find some, grab em. Just freaking do it. They are the cat's pajamas. The bee's knees. Pure, unadulterated sex appeal. I love them wood grains.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my setup

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i plan on makeing another one for the top hole. i also want to try and make one that uses the stock gmt800 roof light switch an wire it to my lightbar.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i plan on makeing another one for the top hole. i also want to try and make one that uses the stock gmt800 roof light switch an wire it to my lightbar.
I take it you just sprayed "interior" rattle can over it or something? Cause you can slightly tell its not quite the exact same color as the cargo light switch... or the rest of the dash.

WAIT! Is that just a cargo switch with the bottom cut flush to fit a blank that was cut flush? I'm just wondering how you got a bare-basic rocker switch for that bottom retainer... I thought the only rocker switches that go in there are Fog's and those are pretty different from them cargo switches...

Last edited:

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it is a cargo light switch. i took the cover off the switch and took a 3 blank i got from the jy then cut it to fit and glued it to the bottom of the cover with plastic glue. then primed and sanded and sprayed with interior paint that was close.