TCC no lock up after driving a few miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Newb Here!! Just like the title says, my 97 tahoe (350 vortec/ 4L60E) drives, shifts perfect when you first start driving it. The TCC kicks in at 40mph on the dot and I can hop on the freeway and do 65-70+ no problem as long as im on the freeway with the TCC engaged. If I drive around town and do some stop and go for around 15-20 minutes and then hop on the freeway, I have no TCC lock-up what so ever. It does this about 90% of the time more often when its above 80* outside. When its hot I can almost count on it. Sometimes I can baby it into lock up by driving up to around 80mph at half throttle with no lock up and then let off the gas to the point where the throttle is just cracked open. after that it MIGHT slip into lock up. I haven't done anything to try and solve the problem yet because I dont want to just go into this without the slightest idea of what could be wrong. Any Help?? Ill buy drinks if we can get a sure fix to this (If your in the Cleveland area) this has been driving me NUTZ!! BTW after its starts to act crazy, 99% of the time its followed by crazy hard shifting 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 but when its acting normal it shifts smooth as glass... WIERD?!?!