tbi to vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91sonoma

Reaction score
Just got 1998 350 vortec engine for my 94 1500 with a 305. What is a good intake manifold to get. I want to stay with the tbi. Thanks for any help.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d definitely just go with a dual plane intake for putting a carb on a Vortec. The. Use a TBI adapter plate

91sonoma

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I see the adapters come in a forward mount and a rear mount for the tbi. What is the differnce?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big opening on the carbed intake could have the narrow 2-barrel TBI positioned forward, rearward, or on-center.

When it was me, I think I bought the on-center adapter--but Summit's web site has deleted my purchase history for orders that long ago so I'm not absolutely sure.

Whatever I bought for my 350/ZZ4 intake manifold, (not a Vortec design) it positioned the TBI unit just a little bit higher and a touch farther-forward than the OEM manifold. I had to re-adjust my TV cable, but the throttle cable and cruise cable connected just fine.