tbi to carbed swap info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you want some bumpity bump and want to run stockish heads better look into one of the thumpr cams. stock vortecs can't do over 480 lift or somewhere in that area. I got a comp 268h and it has some lump to it, not enough for me but it sounds good.

As for heads and changing I heard tbi heads are great for low end torque.

beast94

Reaction score
If you want a lopey cam, look for a cam that has a 110-108 Lobe Separation Angle (LSA). And if I remember correctly Comps Thumper series are all roller cams, so that will require expensive roller followers, steel distributor gear, cam thrust bearing/ cam retainer, and some serious valve spring pressures. It would be easier to get a larger cam with a tighter LSA. But the downside is that you will loose low end power and your fuel economy will severely suffer because of the extended overlap of the valve timing. I you have to remember also that you need to have a minimum of .050 clearance between your spring retainer bottom and the top of your valve guide seal. There are cutters you can buy to machine the valve guide seal down to allow for more lift. Then you have to worry about having enough clearance in your springs them selves to avoid the coils from binding. You cannot just slap together parts and hope that it works.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its a 95 with a 150 shot. lol far from stock. to bad i sold it. I miss the gas mileage.

HA then its alot faster than mine... mines mechanically 100% bone stock. d15b7 with an auto trans, idles at 650rpm, you cant even hear if its running