TBI to Carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
bolt on a carb intake and a old hei distributor and put on a fuel pressure regulator set to about 6 lbs

trans can be another issue depending on what year your truck is.

why do you want to swap? the tbi is a far better setup and its technically illegal to swap

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
bolt on a carb intake and a old hei distributor and put on a fuel pressure regulator set to about 6 lbs

trans can be another issue depending on what year your truck is.

why do you want to swap? the tbi is a far better setup and its technically illegal to swap

There are a lot of people who would disagree with that. It all depends on what his plans for the vehicle are and what it is to be used for.

Like Ken said though, You'd need a carb intake, the distributor, and the carb obviously.

If you have a 4L60E or 4L80E trans you would need to get a stand alone controller. If you have a 700r4 it would be a lot easier since it is mechanically controlled.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to know how it is illegal to do so? Maybe in CA or something, or states that have emissions testing. If so thank god I aint living in those places.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I would like to know how it is illegal to do so? Maybe in CA or something, or states that have emissions testing. If so thank god I aint living in those places.

actually it's technically illegal through federal epa regulations, you do not need to be in a emissions testing area, the injection is considered smog equipment so removing it technically is illegal everywhere at a federal level for anything used on road, getting caught for it though is pretty slim chance

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
The truck is a 92 gmc and the tranny is a 400 turbo

then its just carb intake, carb, fuel line with regulator and then a old school hei distributor, the kickdown on those trucks was controlled through the tps so you need to mount and wire in the 86 and older slide switch to the accelerator petal to the trans kickdown

red_barron

Reaction score
Would what be required for a 94? My uncle already eliminated all kind of BS and since im rebuilding the truck is would like to go through with carb swapping it. I believe mine has a 4l60e? What stand alone would i use?