TBI Fuel Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFar

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought my first GMT400 (1995 Silverado 5.7L) a few weeks ago and it has been my favorite truck so far. One thing I needed to address was a fuel leak at the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm. I bought a TBI rebuild kit from Rock Auto in order to tear everything apart and replace gaskets and O-rings. After putting everything back together, now there is a slight fuel leak at several spots in the fuel meter body cover (I think that's what it's called. It's the aluminum cover that goes over the fuel injector pods) gasket. The leaks are between the two fuel injectors and at the front side of the cover that is right before the fuel pressure regulator. I lubed the fuel injector O-rings and I'm pretty sure I assembled everything correctly. I tightened everything evenly as well. Does anyone know where I might have went wrong? Just tighten everything a little more, or should I do this process all over again?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you install the injectors you put the small O-ring on the bottom of them and you put the big one and its backer ring on top of the housing 1st, not on the injector, or you'll pinch it and it'll leak. You can tell when you go to tighten the top on, it'll have a gap between it and the housing.

JFar

Reaction score
Yes, I installed the O-rings as you described. However, the injectors may not have been seated all the way when I started tightening the screws. Everything was in the right orientation when I tightened everything, but probably not seated all the way. Maybe that's where I went wrong.