tbi-carbed/vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylanellis

Reaction score
I have a 1995 chevy 1500 with 296,000 miles on the body. It has 2xx,*** on the engine and I am looking to replace it and maybe get a little more of a power engine. is it hard to convert a tbi to a carbed? or is it possible to build a tbi with vortec heads? or convert a tbi to a vortec. Don't hate on me please because these aren't my engine of knowledge, I also am curious if tbis are easy to build up for horsepower or not. Thanks for any help!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is it hard to convert a tbi to a carbed? It is a pain in the ass. Nothing wrong with the TBI it is just a basic fuel system.
or is it possible to build a tbi with vortec heads? Yes. Pretty easy. Do a search and it will tell you everything.
or convert a tbi to a vortec. Yep. The long block is a drop in.
Don't hate on me please because these aren't my engine of knowledge, I also am curious if tbis are easy to build up for horsepower or not. No hate here. GMT400's aren't my first love, flat fender jeeps are. What have you played with?