Tail light wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any pictures of this, when I bought my truck it had no box and no tail lights. Theres a wiring harness that goes to the back that has 4 plugs on it, then theres an adapter that I assume is from hauling a trailer (but the wires are as messy there after so not sure). It has a 4 female prong and plugs into the other one, then it has a 4 male prong on the other side. Trying to figure what I need to get tail lights on this thing, I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow as someone messed with the licence plate lights and cut them and some other junk.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pictures, hopefully this helps.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Need to get the box and lights on this thing quick, as you see, just snowed today and I'm driving my 450hp Grand Prix GTX in the snow, which doesn't work all that great, and is not something I want to drive in winter :(

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you plan on hauling a trailer? If not take the taped wire adapter off and then the bed should have the other wire harness to plug right into the open side of the plug shown. Kind of hard to describe but when you get a bed you will see what I am talking about.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to haul a trailer sometime, but right now it's not all that important. But I do have a bed and they must have taken the wiring harness for the tail lights, I just put up a WTB thread for a harness.