swithced power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took out my TBI 350. Put in a carb 454 looking for a switched source for choke. I do not recall what this plug did. I know it turns on and off with the key according to my test light. Although I have not tested the voltage. Can I use it for my choke? The yellow tape Is just marking wires I plan to eliminate
You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need a choke. Car I had stationed up in Canada didn't have one, still started in -40 weather.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The carb has one. Already installed. So it needs power.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the pink wire that went to the factory coil/distributor is switched and on while cranking too. I used that to trigger my holley sniper install.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread should be moved to the LSX + Carb Swaps section.

If you don't need a choke at -40, there's something WRONG with your carb, or your starting technique. There's a reason every carbureted car came from the factory with a functioning choke system--manual, or automatic.

Seems like folks enjoy double-pumpers in cold weather, slam the gas pedal a few times to flood the manifold, and turn the idle speed way up to keep it running.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread should be moved to the LSX + Carb Swaps section.

No not really. I am also partially just asking what the wire was. I do not recall. This way I can use it for any accessory. Even if I did not do a motor swap it could be used for another accessory depending on what it was,