Swaping grills from GMC to Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I recently took a truck that had the newer style grille and replaced it with the older style sport grille. There were a few things that didn't line up quite right, and the lower valance piece from the newer style didn't fit right either, but its not that noticeable.
You must be registered for see images attach

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score

NcMilkMan

Reaction score
I have a 96 chevy grill and switching to a gmc grill of same year are the corners same size or different?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 96 chevy grill and switching to a gmc grill of same year are the corners same size or different?

Different. Chevy and GMC corners don't interchange under any circumstances.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chevy corners are for Chevy grilles, GMC corners are for GMC grilles.
The filler pc below the grille is specific to the grille. Meaning: if you use an 88-93 grille, use the 88-93 filler same goes for the 94+ grille w/ the 94+ filler.
Same goes for the parking/directional lights below the headlights, they don't interchange on the other grille yr set.

I'm currently running 89 mini-quads w/ a 98 composite grille/filler setup from a 98 on my 99 c3500 w/t cclb. no mods other than the headlight harness.