Swap NP243 electric to NP241 Manual shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishWire

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I see a lot of discussions closely related to the issue I am having but nothing direct with the precise data I need. I have a 1998 k2500 Silverado with 7.4l 4L80E transmission. It came stock with the NP243 transfer case. It shattered, poor maintenance before my time. I purchased a donor truck. '97 K1500 same gear ratios but with the NP241 manual shift transfer case, which I like better anyway. After finding out the hard way about the input shaft differences out of the 4L60 and 4L80s... I swapped input shafts / Planetary gears. that all went great. now to the next step. I was hoping in a perfect scenario I could engage the Tcase and then just push the button on the dash to engage the front differential as I needed. however, to my realization early this morning as I was needing to get to work that scenario is not the case. What and how can I get the front differential to engage properly with the manual shift Tcase? Does the front Diff. engage differently for 4Lo than for 4Hi? Is there an easy solution to this issue, also would be great to have the indicator lights function on the floor shifter as well. Ive looked all morning for wiring diagrams for both setups but havent had any luck finding any. I see threads about a brown wire on front Diff. I located that wire and connected it to 12v. nothing. My understanding is that the Diff. actuator reacts on ground? Please help. Any wiring schematics and instructions? Thank you all.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The electrical diagrams are in the factory service manuals, available on this site with a search. You do have to fiddle around with some wires, shouldn't be too tough once you identify what you have.