Suspension lifts? Need opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
IMO why waste time buying the 4 inch when it's less then a hundred bucks cheaper?

Buy the big one, set it to what lift you want 4 inches or 6, ad if you don't want it 6 inches sell the add a leafs for like a hundred and get you some money back.

What he said...to bad they don't make the cepek anymore..

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to wear out my michelin tires, so I think I'm just gonna get some 33s (285) and stick em on the stockers until I have enough money saved up for the lift. That way the tires won't be so tiny withthe lift on.

Will that work? Or do I need to crank a little bit and stick an aal or block in the back? And will it rub at all with the stock wheels?

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
sometimes 285's will fit a stock Z or 4x4, other times they wont. If you have running boards (the old school grandpa kind) take em off before puttin on 285's or u'll rub bad when you turn, other than that you should be just fine.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I've got the round ones. That have a little box that bolts onto the frame. Those the old school kind? Haha
Haha nope, I think you're referring to step bars. I meant the surfboard looking things that are useful but not really the prettiest things in the world.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if I put AAL in the rear and then cranked about 2 inches in the front, would 285's fit? and look decent? (for now of course)

Has anyone done this? and mind posting pictures??

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if I put AAL in the rear and then cranked about 2 inches in the front, would 285's fit? and look decent? (for now of course)

Has anyone done this? and mind posting pictures??

Yes you will be able to fit 285's easily with a little crank and an AAL. Not 285's but 33x12.5's on crank and 2" block.

You must be registered for see images attach