Super frustrated....AGAIN!!! Truck is hard to start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
No I just have the air cleaner cover off with a regular Fram filter on it, I tried to put the cover back on but that didn't make a difference, the only way it'll start is if I shoot just a little ether on the filter, it did throw codes earlier for bank 1 O2 sensor and random misfire, but I cleared them and drove it for about 2hrs and they still didn't come back on.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if your distributor gear might be worn?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a scanner program on my laptop, if you come by we can see what the timing is doing as well...

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would go to the junk yard and get a map senser and try that first.. there easy to swap out an if that does it then good if not then I would hook a fuel pressure gauge up start the truck and watch the gauge then turn it off and time it.. the pressure will fall alittle as soon as you turn the truck off. But shouldnt drop any with in a 20 to 30 time period..

I ask if it had a K&N cuz if you over oil the filter an it gets on the mass airflow meter it will make a truck/car run bad..

How many miles are on your truck? How old is the cat? Have you sprayed around the intake with the starter fluid to see if you have any vacuum leaks?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, so far the Seafoam seemed to clear it up some, but its still not running right

I can monitor pretty much any sensor with it so we can find it if that's the issue. Keep you from just chunking parts at it anyways