Sunroof. Anybody Ever have One Installed In A Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UGLYTRUK

Reaction score
I have a '95 Sub from Phoenix, so no rust, and Mrs really misses her sunroof. Anybody ever have one installed? Would it be a tilt up? Or slide back over the roof. How much? What happens to the overhead console?

I wouldn't mind one in my '84 either!

Pix from last October road trip across country, and similar road trip in 2011 towing a '62 Corvair Rampside from Arizona, bot the Sub and trailer there. Abandoned store in Ash Fork Az, Conoco museum in Shamrock Tx, Our Lake House & my Silverado & K5 Blazer, Junkyard in Peyton Colorado, James Dean Memorial in Eastern Ca, Pismo Beach Sunset

Attachments

• CIMG5017 (Small).JPG
    CIMG5017 (Small).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG5129 (Small).JPG
    CIMG5129 (Small).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG9380 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9380 (Small).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG0162 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0162 (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG9927 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9927 (Small).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG9906 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9906 (Small).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 41
  • CIMG9925 (Small).JPG
    CIMG9925 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 46

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking Burb and ive never seen a sunroof on an OBS truck, only seen them on the current Tahoes etc. I am sure you can add one

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked into this myself, it seems there are quite a few companies who do aftermarket installs.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can buy them aftermarket, ive been looking in to it, manual flip up is $500 for the window, and power sliding (sucks down and slides into the roof) is $1200 for the window, not sure how much install would be

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
This was a Denali I saw on Craigslist a few months ago. Cleanest install I've ever seen. I really want to know where he got those 2 overhead consoles. Sorry, only pics I have.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is definitely on my wish list, but it's a long way down.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Damn tat is clean! Im embarrassed to show mine after seeing that, since the previous owner was a fan of 'hackjobs'

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
we need pics anyways jer

you are committed

Fine. Here you go. NO LAUGHING!!!! 91bluestreak did enough of that for the rest of ya'!

The reason it looks like garbage, is theres no trim around it. There only one part number on it, and google came up blank for me. So idno what im gonna do. it honestly does look like garbage. Also, if you do invest in a sunroof, make sure its got a door that you can slide closed. Sometimes during the day, the sun comes right through it, and shines on my guage cluster, and you can't see a darn thing. Mine is a pretty nice model from what it looks like. Power controls and everything. Supposedly, it started leaking, so the outside is siliconed and on the inside, a screw was ran through the track so it wont move. :nono: Darn hillbilly previous owner!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just kidding

don't look all out terrible to me. You could make some trim for it and it would look decent.