SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLER (I NEED REVIEWS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds amazing.

Thanks, maybe its just the speakers on my laptop then? And not to toot my own horn or anything but I blueprinted and assembled the engine. I had a machine shop assemble the heads and put in the cam bearings but the rest was all me.....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the sound of gear driven cams. LOVE it.

It was cool when I first did it. Now if I had the time and the $ for a good double roller chain I would pull it out in a heartbeat. You would be surpised at the number of people who think its a blower!

I guess I should also mention that truck has no insulation anywhere, even on the floor and ALL the seals for the door glass and door seals themselves are shot. Thats one reason why its loud still inside. I dont think it would be very loud inside one of these trucks....

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
A month or so ago my serpentine was squeaking so I bought some Prestone belt dressing, sprayed it on, as I was driving, it sounded like a blower or gear driven cam, so now I spray it on once a week, and it brings a smile to my face when I gas it.

You will hear it in my exhaust video. When I make it..

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got their 3 inch cat back on my 94, i don't have a vid clip of it right now, but it has a nice tone to it, and it has been on my truck since 2008 and is holding up good.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
If your running headers with no cats it will be loud, i've got lt's 2-1/4" pipe and a magnaflow xover muffler dumped brfore the axle. its rather loud, i'm looking to get a longer muffler to quiet it down a little bit, if your doing a single pipe go with a 3" 2-1/4" for duals or 2.5" if its easier to get. also running the pipes out the back or sides will make it quieter than dumped or cutoff.

jgosz

Reaction score
I have a 98 chev vortec 350 with stock manifolds and cats. i bought a dual summit turbo cat-back system from summit. The muffler is 2.25 dual in and 3in dual out. It provides a very deep tone and sounds great around 1600-1900 rpm. Quiet while idling and cruising down the highway with very little drone. Can imagine that without the cats and some headers it would sound pretty amazing!