Subwoofers in Single Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uriel562

Reaction score
Hello, I’m Uriel. I’m new into the obs family. I have a 89 single cab and I want to put a 12in sub in my truck but I can’t seem to find a perfect fit. Can you guys help me out? And provide photos of your guys setup or links? I can figure out the amp situation on my own. Thank you!

Last edited:

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, I’m Uriel. I’m new into the obs family. I have a 89 single cab and I want to put a 12in sub in my truck but I can’t seem to find a perfect fit. Can you guys help me out? And provide photos of your guys setup or links? I can figure out the amp situation on my own. Thank you!
I'm assuming you already know that your only real choice is to go behind a seat with a compact box like this.
https://www.amazon.com/E12ST-Single...ts=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2891047011
I'm sure someone here has measurements for what they did but you could get away with measuring yourself and shopping around for a pre-made box, or make your own out of MDF.

Hightower1

Reaction score
I have a regular single 10"sub in a wedge box like posted above behind my seat. It's already a little to thick to have my seat back far enough to be totally comfy (I'm 6' tall), a 12" will even be thicker in that config. If you got a shallow mount 12" sub in a matching thin wedge box it should be much better for seat positioning.

something like this
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X3 for behind the seats. I have two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount 12"s in wedge boxes behind the seats in my reg. cab. Had to remove the factory jack/storage box obviously, but I have a tool box in the bed so that wasn't an issue.

Reaction score
I'm assuming you already know that your only real choice is to go behind a seat with a compact box like this.
https://www.amazon.com/E12ST-Single-Carpeted-Subwoofer-Enclosure/dp/B0013MV7EM/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1522845332&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2891047011
I'm sure someone here has measurements for what they did but you could get away with measuring yourself and shopping around for a pre-made box, or make your own out of MDF.
"NO", thats not his only choice Urief I just signed up tonite for this site and I can't really do anything yet but if you have a email I can sent you my Sub boxs, I put aftermarket high back seats in my truck but made my mounting boxs which double as my Sub boxs my email is [email protected] contact me or my cell is (760) 636-2447 I can show you how you can set up 3 to 4 Amps, Power Distrubtion boxs, Ground Distrubution boxs, Electric Crossover, etc. In your Truck and still have room behind your seat, I have a 1988 3500 Dually W/ a 6" lift, Pumped out 454 W/TH-400 tranny and all kinds of stuff I fabed and installed on it, ty, Robert

Reaction score
X3 for behind the seats. I have two Rockford Fosgate P3 shallow mount 12"s in wedge boxes behind the seats in my reg. cab. Had to remove the factory jack/storage box obviously, but I have a tool box in the bed so that wasn't an issue.
"Not even the only choice for your subs"!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Can't anyone think and fab things for themselfs?????

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

oh....i see you're a real hit from the jump.

maybe you can fab things for yourSELF, but you shouldn't fabricate words.......

lets try; "Can't anyone think and fab things for themselves".....or perhaps "Can't anyone think and fab things for themself"......which would be correct as well, but not my first choice if i was writing something.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look pal, this is a community, we help each other here. There's no reason to be a dick. If this guy wanted to fab something, why would he come on here and ask what his options are? I think it's pretty obvious that he wants a "turn key" solution, a wedge box is literally the only one for a single cab truck.