Stupid Low lift SAS/8-lug swap question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find amy threads that will fully explain what I'm searching for

What's the lowest I could go for a Solid Axle truck? I've seen the Fabworx Lowboy/Low leaf kit and it appears to be fairly low, somewhere around a 2 1/2 lift on the front end, but the price-tag is a little frightening. Is there a way I could fabricate my own low-lift?

And for the 8-lug IFS swap, I saw a post on here from a little while back about a gentleman who had a 92 1/2 ton with HD control arms and hubs bolted on. What I could get from that was that some early model K2500HD models had bolting patterns similar to the 1/2 ton?
I've also seen some people say you can fit 95 Dodge 2500 hubs on the IFS front end? From what I read on Pirate4x4 and a few other forums like that, the Dodge hub will fit, but it would take some drilling and some working to get it to fit.
I hope I don't start another sh*t-storm over this, and I apologize if there is already a thread that this is being discussed in. Thank you for any suggestions or tips that may help me.

~Brody

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Anyone know where else I could ask this type of question? So I can get input from several sources.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Ook. Who do I need to talk to about getting this thread deleted? I can't seem to find the control to do that.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
It's gonna require a ton of modding to SAS a truck with less than 5 inches of lift. It would also take extensive work to swap 2500 IFS to a 1500, if it's even possible.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of hearing, I'll just look for a ext. cab sb truck. There's starting to be a ton of them showing up on CL. Thanks for the help, kind of hoped more people would have seen this thread. But one is better than none I guess.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The Dodge hubs fit, but no one has found rotors that work with them.

The GM hubs and UCAs do NOT fit.

If you want 8 lug IFS, you need to buy a truck that's already got it or do a frame swap.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I was thinking about a frame swap, which would also allow me to really clean up and restore the frame. There's almost always parts 2500s on Craigslist in my relative area; I thought about cutting down a LWB running gear, but I would hate to screw up the welding and throw money away. Plus it'll allow me to get the motor tuned right before the swap. Thanks for the comment, I love your 'Burb by the way.