stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I use to tease my dodge/ram friends that Chrysler cant do math and my 5.7 is the real 5.7. They said there's were 350s and I was like you wish
I'm old enough to feel like the Hemi is a 426 or the original ones from the 50s. Chrysler Fire Power 392, oh yeah now you're talking!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Wasn't christine a 350?. Which was Plymouth which was Chrysler?
Not sure what the non hemi mopar was back then,more research needed. But the Dodge hemi was 331 cid, the DeSoto was 354. Plymouth had a baby hemi that was like 287 or something. Christine is a 57 which was the next to last year they used the early hemi's. In 59 they used the wedge motor that's the early version of the 60s big block(B/RB) 400,426, 440. Moparmat would be the guy to ask. If you read the book, Christine is a model that technically doesn't exist. But for the movie they used a 57 or 58 Fury 2 door.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure what the non hemi mopar was back then,more research needed. But the Dodge hemi was 331 cid, the DeSoto was 354. Plymouth had a baby hemi that was like 287 or something. Christine is a 57 which was the next to last year they used the early hemi's. In 59 they used the wedge motor that's the early version of the 60s big block(B/RB) 400,426, 440. Moparmat would be the guy to ask. If you read the book, Christine is a model that technically doesn't exist. But for the movie they used a 57 or 58 Fury 2 door.

Wow didnt know that. Just love that car and feel like I could relate to arnie lol

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Wow didnt know that. Just love that car and feel like I could relate to arnie lol
Yes I've read enough Steven King books to wonder if he didn't get bullied a lot as a kid. But he picked the model for Christine to be a Fury very deliberately. Since the car is rage inCARnate after all. The Fury was actually only available in gold in 57 and 58, so there's a line about it's a special order paint job. Cause a killer Plymouth just has to be blood red right?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't read 1 Stephan king book lol. I only watch the movies lol. But I know the books give more details. I believe I read the book had a different ending then the actual movie. I wonder if they'll remake christine.