stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see all of these trucks with high ass price tags, kbb says my burb is only worth $2000. I'm not really looking to sell, but what would you guys think a 94 k1500 suburban sle, 130k miles, near perfect mechanical condition, fair body, some small rust spots, fair interior, bone stock, would be worth? It's got a rebuilt title too...
That is 1500-2000 every day pf the week around here. A good day might bring 2500.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
That is 1500-2000 every day pf the week around here. A good day might bring 2500.

+1 on Rebuilt title being the main killer of value. I bought my truck salvage, and even though I went through the proper steps to have it rebuilt myself it still diminishes the value since it's got damage history. That being said, I never rebuilt it in hopes to sell it anytime soon. I just didn't want a salvage title truck lol.

In Texas, you could probably pull about $1700 as is.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
What if a truck has a salvage title, but nothing happened to it? My truck's got a salvage title, but there were no accidents, nothing, I think the guy who owned it before I did said there were many, many owners before him. Still think I could get $6-7k for it?

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
What if a truck has a salvage title, but nothing happened to it? My truck's got a salvage title, but there were no accidents, nothing, I think the guy who owned it before I did said there were many, many owners before him. Still think I could get $6-7k for it?

Nope, salvage is salvage. If your title went from clean to salvage, it means that at some point in it's life, it was reported as a total loss somewhere down the road. If you've used CarFax and it still doesn't show a reported wreck, there's a slight chance that you might've got some VIN swapped truck. But I find that very, VERY unlikely.