Starting Issue '98 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was number 2!!
And 1 probably happened after I went to get the new bolts since he tried other options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The intake gasket leak
Was weird. At the mechanic place he said all this water was coming out the cylinder then I took it to the rebuild place that I got the overhaul done and they put pressure in the radiator and nada

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also would that starter bolt crack affect the original starter placement/alignment? Since there is a direct drive on there right now(the big butt starter). If I go back to the original should ultima gear reduction starter should it work perfectly fine??

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any starter you have on there is gonna end up walking around because the bolt will never stay tight. You're gonna have to try to fix the block.

If it started life with the mini-starter, best to go back to it though. They always seem to mesh better with the flywheel when you stick to the original style. The few trucks I replaced a mini with a full size, they sounded like hell.

Richard

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm gonna have to tow it back to the border engine place tell them to let it sit and collect water in one of those cylinders to prove to them that there is a small head gasket leak n that shyt needs to be replaced since I have warranty I mean dang and then fix the cast iron bolt hole while its out

mistaake

Reaction score

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll stick with ultima it has to be the water in the cylinder

Starter bolts bent starter bolt hole cracked on block crap gas mileage flywheel got eaten up

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More drama boys
Cylinder head cracked and manifold has a crack in it

125 for cylinder head junkyard

68 for new manifold oreillys