SSBC Drum To Disc Conversion Feeler Thread

What Would GMT400 Forum Members Like To See?

• SSBC Rear Drum To Disc Conversion Group Buy

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Nice discounts on anything and everything SSBC Related

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Keep the discounts simple and on a case by case basis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The heck with it, just mark them up to double and leave it at that....lol

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clkelley

Synthetic Motorsports
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal guys and gals. I DO have access to SSBC read drum to disc brake conversion kits. Not only do I have access, I am a Manufacturer Wholesale Direct Account holder with them.

That being said, here is what I am looking for. I need input from the members on what you would like to see the most. Would you like to see a group buy on the rear drum to disc brake conversion kits or something more along the lines of a good forum member discount for anything from SSBC?

Vote in the Poll and let your opinions and suggestions be known in this thread. This will go a long way to helping the members here get the parts they need at the absolute best and dare I say unbeatable pricing as I have already spoken with my contact at SSBC about some major promotional stuff. But to make sure I set things up in such a way that best benefits the majority of the members here, I need your input.

Thank you for your input in advance and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Also, I posted the poll to last for ten days, but I will be making a decision to post a promotion ASAP so make your voices heard as soon as possible!

You must be registered for see images

Product Features

Sport R1 Rear drum to disc brake conversion kit with 11.5 in. rotor.
All hardware included.
Caliper includes built-in parking brake.
Rotors standard with Turbo slotting and Xtra Life plating.

Vehicle Applications

1974-1991 Chevrolet Blazer K10
1973-1987 Chevrolet K10 Pickup
1974-1991 Chevrolet Suburban K10
1973-1991 GMC Jimmy (Fullsize 4WD)
1974-1991 GMC Jimmy K10
1973-1987 GMC K10 Pickup
1974-1991 GMC Suburban K10

Caliper Specs

Name
Sport R1
Number of Pistons
Piston Size
54mm
Constructed From
Aluminum
Standard Finish
Clear Anodize
Optional Finishes
Powder Coat

Rotor Specs

Diameter
Thickness
1.000 in.
Venting
Uni-Directional
Standard Finish
Standard
Optional Finish
Slotted & Plated
Bolt Pattern
6x5.5 in.

Important Information

Minimum wheel size: 15

clkelley

Synthetic Motorsports
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that the product year make and model applications are for one particular kit, according to SSBC they can cover any application needed from 1974 and up

clkelley

Synthetic Motorsports
Reaction score
No, minimum wheel size on the kit listed above is 15 inch. I would have to double check your specific application since I chose one kit to put an example of the specs in the thread as a lot of the features are the same

clkelley

Synthetic Motorsports
Reaction score
Rear disc conversion and big brake kit up front...

I can do that. For specific kit requests though, just for my ability to keep things straight, shoot me a private message with the particulars of the ride you are upgrading and so forth and I can put a kit quote together for you.

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear conversion kit and upgrade for the front would be nice. I've been on their (SSBC) website and I'm a tad confused. The kits say only if you have HD brakes? Stupid question, if I don't have HD brakes these kits won't work?

clkelley

Synthetic Motorsports
Reaction score
Rear conversion kit and upgrade for the front would be nice. I've been on their (SSBC) website and I'm a tad confused. The kits say only if you have HD brakes? Stupid question, if I don't have HD brakes these kits won't work?

No, you do not HAVE to have HD brakes, I talked to them yesterday about that because we at Synthetic Motorsports have a large forum marketing program for Diesel pickups as well and needed to know more about the kits for those trucks as well. All I would need is your specific vehicle information and exactly what you are looking for and I would be able to find exactly the right kit for your needs.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I can't see why not, but do these brake systems work with Hydro-boost? If so, then that would be one amazing set of brakes!