Spike Lug Nut Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I mean is our lug nuts are a metric size hex head. If you look at the head of a new lug nut or one that has not been beat up it says METRIC on it.

So if you are looking for lug caps look for ones with a 22mm hex head. Ill look tomorrow at the socket I bought specifically for my truck and check the size

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From your first link SKU # 12798

Second link would work too.

13/16" = 20.6.....MM So my socket is a 20 mm sorry.

Both those should work but you may need silocone like mentioned in first link to get them to stay on

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Ok, thanks a lot! If I use silicone though. Wouldn't it be a pain when it comes time to take them off?

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just dont use too much and they should pull right off wiggling them back and forth. Use just enough to help them grip..

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I like spikes but it seems Im seeing a lot more lately...post up pics interested to see how they look on a non dually

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'll definitely post up some photos. I haven't ordered yet, I'm looking around a bit more to see if there are any that are exact size...I don't want them to end up flying off on the road or something with the silicone.

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If anyone happens to buy new lug nuts to fit, remember that up thru 94 the lug studs are english and are 1/2" studs. 95+ are metric and are 14mm studs. My '96 1500 uses a 27mm socket on it's lug nuts.

XerxesPride

Reaction score
OK. I don't really believe that I'm seeing a thread about lug nut caps... again :p but yeah, If it needs to be a thread, why should I complain right? I don't really know much but I've always thought that truck lug nut caps were like... generically made, that they'd fit on any truck if tested. I guess I was wrong.