Speedometer correction after larger tires and re-gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t know if this will apply to everyone here but I had a very bad experience with Jet. A friend gave me his 97 Camaro Anniversary car to do two things, store and go to the drag strip. He also gave me Jet tuner for LT1 that he bought several years ago. The software was built for Windows XP. I called Jet to get a software update. They would not do it because I didn’t have the original receipt. I told the guy that there were the original 3 credits still in the interface but he refused to update. I even offered to pay for an update to no avail. I told them to shove it. About 10 minutes later I received email from the owner saying I was fraudulent by trying to get the update and if I said anything bad about Jet he would sue. Of course I tried to call him and he wouldn’t talk. I despise those people.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t know if this will apply to everyone here but I had a very bad experience with Jet. A friend gave me his 97 Camaro Anniversary car to do two things, store and go to the drag strip. He also gave me Jet tuner for LT1 that he bought several years ago. The software was built for Windows XP. I called Jet to get a software update. They would not do it because I didn’t have the original receipt. I told the guy that there were the original 3 credits still in the interface but he refused to update. I even offered to pay for an update to no avail. I told them to shove it. About 10 minutes later I received email from the owner saying I was fraudulent by trying to get the update and if I said anything bad about Jet he would sue. Of course I tried to call him and he wouldn’t talk. I despise those people.
HP tuners is much better if they support your vehicle and if you want to tune it yourself.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent them an extra computer I had to do a complete tune. I saved my original for a "just in case" scenario! Lol

what was the turnaround time for yours? I just ordered the tune with the core deposit so I could keep my stock PCM. I have a long road trip planned for next week so hopefully it shows up before then.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I searched on Summit and they didn't have anything for me.
DAK-SGI-100BT will do it as well as any of the hand held programmers from Summit,
A custom tune is always better and HP Tuners don't have any safeguards nor do the JET Dynamic Spectrum tuner.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what was the turnaround time for yours? I just ordered the tune with the core deposit so I could keep my stock PCM. I have a long road trip planned for next week so hopefully it shows up before then.
Seems like it was about a week turnaround. It's been awhile so I can't remember exactly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems like it was about a week turnaround. It's been awhile so I can't remember exactly.

Thanks. I'll try to call them again today and ask. They didn't answer yesterday so I just ordered it on their website

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ameadows7 -- how much coin are we talking about here?
What kind of lift did you put on there to fit the 35s?

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ameadows7 -- how much coin are we talking about here?
What kind of lift did you put on there to fit the 35s?

The tuned PCM + core charge since I’m keeping my original one was about $300.

The truck has a 6” suspension lift, not sure of the brand. The tires don’t rub at all turning lock to lock, unless I’m turning while it’s flexed or if I try to cross a ditch or something at an angle while turning, then they rub on the back of the front fenders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseamani55