Spark Plug Comparison ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Hey all, replaced my spark plugs on my truck and wanted to do them before I installed headers just because of clearance issues. Well I should waited because I busted a spark plug in the process. Ordered 1 new one from RockAuto, same part number but got something different. Here's a pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

Is there going to be clearance issues seeing that it's going to stick into the head just a wee bit more? I don't get why they're same part number, but different plugs. If need be, I'll just throw one of the old ones back in, seeing as how they weren't that old.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
It should work but why didn't you just go to autozone and get one for 1.7 dollars?

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
It should work but why didn't you just go to autozone and get one for 1.7 dollars?

Probably a mix between laziness and the fact that it wasn't urgent. The nearest auto store for me is at least 20 minutes away and I hate to make trips like that for something special, kind of wastes fuel and time IMO. Time that can be spent getting this truck back together. I'm also somewhat anti-social.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I guess that makes it somewhat okay haha. I mean throw it in there if it works, it works. if not call Rockauto.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
what the red number 1 tells me is that it's a redesigned part.

That's what I was assuming, just wasn't sure if somebody here knew for sure or not. They changed the picture as well on Rockauto because I had just ordered them not even a month before. I knew that they had different plugs for Vortec heads and what not but I thought they were different threads as well so wasn't sure what I got at first.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just a redesign, though I'm not sure why they went that way. The new design looks much more prone to breaking since the wrench will be further down; but it does have less room for the torque to twist around to get to the threads, so maybe that is why.