Something in my truck shorted out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It shorted out near the control arm mount. It burnt the cable almost in half. Its fixed now. I had advance test the starter anyways since I had to take it off. I have the new cable routed differently from the way GM does. I have it ziptied to what I'm guessing is a heater hose. The cable isn't touching any metal anywhere so this can't happen again.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good,glad ya figured it out

me too

I got it towed yesterday, but my cell phone was dead so I walked about a mile to a truck stop. Learned a new lesson, charge the cell phone every other day even if its got all bright green bars in the morning. Because by afternoon it could be a red bar.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found the cause of the problem. I've seen cars/trucks get fried from issues like that .

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now my only problem is the side of the motor and the exhaust manifold is covered in plastic where all that plastic melted. Its even on my fan. I guess the vapors of the burnt plastic coated everything, so now its slowly burning off of the motor. Everytime I park it I can smell burnt plastic and I can see some smoke coming off of the exhaust manifold. Guess in a few more days it will stop.