Smell in vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jewbacca

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just picked up a new truck. The inside was dirty and full of dog hair. After seven hours of scrubbing it cleaned up pretty nice. All was well until I turned on the heat this morning. It smelled so bad I couldn't take it. Any ideas on how to get out the smell?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet there's a ton of dog hair and other debris lodged by the heater core somewhere. I know there's a thread about how to clean it out on here... Trying to find it for you.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're talking about the smell of dog it sounds like you might need to take apart the duct work and hose them out and give them a scrub. Maybe spray some air freshener in them before you put them back in. Wouldn't hurt to spray some air freshener on the carpet, seats (if they're cloth), and headliner.

My truck would smell like cigarettes and weed on occasion if I turned on the heat lol. All thanks to the previous owner who used to smoke and hotbox my truck.