Slipping trans after rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@NickTransmissions that solved the problem. I’m checking in playing right now and it seems like there is none on that input shaft. Does that mean I need to go to a smaller selective spacer?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NickTransmissions that solved the problem. I’m checking in playing right now and it seems like there is none on that input shaft. Does that mean I need to go to a smaller selective spacer?
What does 'checking in playing right now' mean?

It's important you are clear in what you're asking...Please proof read after posting as it's easy to make typos but hard for me or others to understand if the typos are significant enough...

I think you're referring to checking front end play.

If so, I'll put the question back at you - what do you think it means?
You've essentially answered your own question, if you're referring to end play.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does 'checking in playing right now' mean?

It's important you are clear in what you're asking...Please proof read after posting as it's easy to make typos but hard for me or others to understand if the typos are significant enough...

I think you're referring to checking front end play.

If so, I'll put the question back at you - what do you think it means?
You've essentially answered your own question, if you're referring to end play.
@NickTransmissions shoot sorry. I’ll make sure next time. Thanks for the answer.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@NickTransmissions there is no end play. I am just trying to yank it up. Doesn’t move.
Also just testing my connections and my new 3-2 downshift solenoid the connector will not go the other way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 2

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NickTransmissions there is no end play. I am just trying to yank it up. Doesn’t move.
Also just testing my connections and my new 3-2 downshift solenoid the connector will not go the other way.
Are you using a dial indicator? If not, you should be...you may or may not be able to physically feel end play until about .0010-.0015 which is considered minimum specification.

Watch this video for end play measurement; Skip to 45:40 to see how to do it...I'm suggesting this because you didn't tell me how you're measuring end play so I'm assuming you're not using any instrumentation, just going by 'feel'.

Let me know your measurement and the number that's on the selective washer that sits behind the bearing so I can help you get to where you need to be, assuming you are out of spec.

BradHanks15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you using a dial indicator? If not, you should be...you may or may not be able to physically feel end play until about .0010-.0015 which is considered minimum specification.

Watch this video for end play measurement; Skip to 45:40 to see how to do it...I'm suggesting this because you didn't tell me how you're measuring end play so I'm assuming you're not using any instrumentation, just going by 'feel'.

Let me know your measurement and the number that's on the selective washer that sits behind the bearing so I can help you get to where you need to be, assuming you are out of spec.

Thanks I’ll check it out and give you an update. Do you have any thoughts on the connection of that solenoid. The harness and solenoid are new but the connector won’t go on unless backwards.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks I’ll check it out and give you an update. Do you have any thoughts on the connection of that solenoid. The harness and solenoid are new but the connector won’t go on unless backwards.
Is that harness original to the transmission or a new OEM harness?