Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing I can see colors now thanks to my eye surgery... I'll be needing them for this damn mess I'm about to get myself into! haha

You must be registered for see images attach

One thing about remote starts/alarms that I've always hated was the huge key fobs they come with. This one is just perfect. Like 3/4 the size of my stocker, but will lock/unlock/start my truck/anything else I wanna add on 4 aux commands from 1400ft away or so.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats cool man. i need to do mine my fab has a 1 and a 2. 1 locks and unlocks the truck…. i can hit 2 all day but it doesn't do anything that i can see haha :shrug:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Started cleaning up and going through the axle. Waiting on WFO to get my knuckle back to me (should be here in a few days.) Then I have to see when the guy who is helping me is free. He is the one with the shop, tools, welder, etc. So his schedule is what decides when it gets done haha

And BTW, turns out the remote starter kit was shot. I got hosed on the deal, but it has me wanting to get one now. Its on my Christmas list!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Got the knuckle machined, studs nuts and cones, steering arm and two new pairs of ball joints back from WFO. That is everything I need except to get my brake lines made after I test the droop. All I have to do is get the time off to do it! Looks like we are getting snow dumped here soon so gonna do my best to start it right after the holidays.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
A few GoPro shots. Hands were too cold to use the iPhone as a viewfinder, but I wish I would have! These turned out sweet and I could have gotten some better ones if I was closer and could see the angle of the shot. I'll head back out to that spot again when its clear!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Alright guys I know you're getting antsy for the SAS pics but this weather has had me working with no breaks at all.

Still snapping some pics to ease the wait!

But I am house sitting and I got to STUFF it in a garage to thaw it out for a night!

and I parked next to this at the BX on my way home! It SURELY isn't legal!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
It's SAS time fellas... Didn't get a chance to see what's leaking but I'm almost 100% sure that's gear oil. Letting it thaw and going to clean it all up in the morning. Everything is too wet and sloppy to see what's leaking right now.