Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
understandable, just saying most converion joints are greasable and much weaker than a life series joint, i wouldnt want you to go trail riding and snap on and blow your whole shaft out, not would it be good to wipe out your tcase bearing or bushing if your slip yokes pulled out too far.

Yeah I will be getting new shafts made after the fact to take care of that!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Just went on a shopping spree for the stepside. Did it to keep you wolves at bay while I'm waiting for the swap! haha

From Summit:
Hedman Shorty headers
ARP Locking Bolts
Flowmaster Super 40 Muffler

From Amazon:
Remflex Header Gaskets
Receiver Shackle Mount
Some new tow straps
15x10 8 Lug wheels for the SAS

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Was supposed to receive my headers and muffler today, so went and checked the post office on base. They laughed and said I was going to have to come get them myself, they couldn't carry them.

What?! Headers don't weight that much, right?!

I walk to the back and these boxes were HUGE. I try to pick one up and couldn't. What the hell? Crack it open, and turns out it's my new wheels! They hadn't even posted they were shipped yet.

They are wide as ****. 15x10 is what I ordered, but I received 12s! Check out the lip on these things!

You must be registered for see images attach

This is a 24oz bottle!

And then my phone rang, with an email saying "Your wheels have shipped..." Haha

Headers and muffler were delivered later this evening, will pick those up tomorrow!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
so if you had to choose between doing the right thing and returning them for the right ones and keeping them.... when are the x12's going on? :lol:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Well I called to verify they were mine, since my order hadn't even been "shipped" yet... And since they didnt offer a 15x12 on Amazon or I would have ordered them. BUT they said it was a fault on them, and that if I would prefer the 12s, keep them no extra charge. HELL YEAH.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Well I needed small back spacing due to running 15s on a 1ton axle. BUT, they tacked on an extra 2" than what I was expecting. Should put me right at the width of a locomotive... Haha