sevear pull to the right for less than 1 second at a time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As it says above. Its only while going around slight right corners. It usually only does it a couple times a day. Recently i changed my RF wheel hub assembly but its done it before i changed the hub. I know that there is a sensor on the steering colluem ( sorry about spelling lol) does sound possible. It pulls/gets very easy fot just on sec. Ant help would be cool thanks in advance.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug that sensor on the column. Mine (97) used to do the same......gets really hairy when you go to take an off ramp at 75 mph or take slight left/right turns by a lake at 55:lol:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the evo sensor,just unplug it from the back of the power steering pump,its alot easier to get to than the column.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
the evo sensor,just unplug it from the back of the power steering pump,its alot easier to get to than the column.

Thanks for that info!!! My steering speed sensor is doing the same thing. Feels like the truck's on ice, just for a second. Never know when it's gonna do it, but I'm always waiting for it. Not a relaxing way to drive!
Due to a mis-spent youth, I've been busted up more than a couple of times over the years, (too much $$$, too little responsibility, & too many idiot friends! Class clown to boot, so I had to do everything bigger, & faster, but not really smarter!) & crawling around under that dash, in those tight quarters, plays hell on my shoulders. Never could stay under there long enough to find the plug-in, & disconnect it!
This ^^^ will be done before the truck gets driven today!
Rep sent!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mine was easy to get to but the wires were hanging down so I'm guessing it had been replace before:lol:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that info!!! My steering speed sensor is doing the same thing. Feels like the truck's on ice, just for a second. Never know when it's gonna do it, but I'm always waiting for it. Not a relaxing way to drive!
Due to a mis-spent youth, I've been busted up more than a couple of times over the years, (too much $$$, too little responsibility, & too many idiot friends! Class clown to boot, so I had to do everything bigger, & faster, but not really smarter!) & crawling around under that dash, in those tight quarters, plays hell on my shoulders. Never could stay under there long enough to find the plug-in, & disconnect it!
This ^^^ will be done before the truck gets driven today!
Rep sent!
i here you on getting under the dash,my truck being lifted 11" and on 39.5's makes it tougher to get under there.my truck seemed it had turrets when i had it on the hwy especially running 38's at the time.when it would "twitch" it would put me into the other lane,not fun.it seemed to only do it on the hwy,not the street.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I unhooked the sensor buy I dont like the way it drives. steering wheel kinda stays where ever you point it. the steering feels wierd so I hooked it back up. has anyone replacwd there evo sensor before? what all is involved