SAS Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, how do you find a lift kit for your sfa? I have a 78 ford Dana 44 with 47” leaf springs off a Chevy. Am I just looking for any kit with 47” leaf springs? Wanna make sure I order the right thing the first time, thanks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Most people build the desired lift into the brackets. You can use shackles. You can use lift springs. You can use an easy inch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most people build the desired lift into the brackets. You can use shackles. You can use lift springs. You can use an easy inch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Okay, lift springs are what I’m looking for. Would I look at lift springs for a 73-87?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, look for springs for 73-87.
What brackets are you using, or are you making your own?

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, look for springs for 73-87.
What brackets are you using, or are you making your own?

Sweet, and I was planning on getting the brackets as well as crossover steering from off road design

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've almost got the axle stripped down, just gotta get the knuckles off. I've been knocking on the screws with a hammer to knock em out but I've just been smushing the screws. I guess ima just get a bigger hammer.

I am now starting to build it up, but I have a few questions. So am I keeping the ford inner axle shaft, removing the ford outer axle shaft from the u-joint, and then putting a chevy one on it? And a stub shaft is the same thing as an outer shaft, correct? I'll have more questions in the future. For now, i have a few spots of rust on my ring that I am going to go try to get removed by the shop. Any good advice for me while I put this thing back together would be greatly appreciated!