Roof rack/cage for OBS Ext. cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
During a recent trip to the lake with 5 of my friends, I realized that the ext. cab shortbox really wont hold alot of extra cargo with a cab full of people. Has any one ever put a roof rack onto their truck? I'm toying with the idea and have found a few decent priced racks on both ARB's and BajaRack's websites, but believe that building one is the way to go. Any opinions on this?

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one, I hated it.

Tell your friends to pack lighter or drive themselves?

You must be registered for see images attach

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
The rack on the roof may not be bad. BGGRNCHVY had his over the bed. If you designed one like the Avalanche had you would be OK. We loaded my dad's roof rack and the Avalanche ran on and off road without a noticable change.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rack on the roof may not be bad. BGGRNCHVY had his over the bed. If you designed one like the Avalanche had you would be OK. We loaded my dad's roof rack and the Avalanche ran on and off road without a noticable change.

A) I don't know why everybody puts bggrnchvy in caps. Not a letter of it is in caps or ever has been. It just looks funny.

B) I'm not at all sure how putting it over the cab or over the bed makes a bit of difference in it's utility or ability to dodge trees. Loading stuff up there sucks, it makes a noticeable difference in side hillling and it was a tree magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.