Rockford Fosgate speakers

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by Dannothemanno, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Dannothemanno

Dannothemanno Newbie

So far I'm I haven't decided if I should go for the rf because thinking back to when I had some kicker KS series speakers in my s10 they had good sound and a good amount of bass I'm not sure who has better sound between the two but until then I need to get my truck running first

2. Ehall8702

Ehall8702 OBS Enthusiast

In all honesty, if they are close to same price between the big brands the sound is gonna be about the same. I'd prefer RF over kicker but that's just personal opinion. Each ear has its own sound

3. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

I'd go with the Kickers over the Fosgates, no competition. They're better speakers on paper in every way. The Kickers have better build materials (silk dome tweeters vs the PEI domes of the Fosgates), better power handling, better sensitivity, better frequency response range and better crossover adjustment on the 6.75" components. A quick side by side comparison shows all that.

RF P165SI:
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P165SI/Rockford-Fosgate-P165-SI.html

Kicker 44KSS6704:
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KSS6704/Kicker-44KSS6704.html?tp=106

4. Bondovw

Bondovw OBS Enthusiast

I put these in my doors and it was a easy fit . They sound good off the stock deck. A amp would be better. I will add one when I get time. Just put this on ebay
    SAVARD Speakers 10-200-Watt RAP 6.5"inch Component Set

5. Bondovw

Bondovw OBS Enthusiast

Pics of my install

20191005_175424.jpg

20191005_175405.jpg

20191005_175421.jpg

20191005_171204.jpg

6. 885speed

885speed Newbie

I fully agree, everyone has their own particular taste in sound, different expectations and different experiences they base their opinions on.
    As a perfect example, I've never heard a Kicker set up that I liked. IMO they tend to be louder, but to me they sound distorted at any regular listening volume or louder. But again, to each their own.

If you're on the fence, I'd say maybe consult a car audio shop near you and see if they have any kind of demo speakers set up in their shop?
    I know there was a nicer shop where I used to live that had the kind of thing you'd see in Best Buy, but in actual boxes and not a plastic display that way you could get a more real world sound out of the demo set up.

7. Grubersky

Grubersky Newbie

Wanted to introduce myself first properly before start posting here, but this seems important information, so here's my experience with RF speakers:

I put RF T2652-S 6.5" speakers in the front of my 1995 K1500 ext. Cab and they do sound great for my taste. In the back, I planed to put RF T1462 speakers and they did not fit. I would have had to make the cutout bigger so the basket of the speaker would fit. I didn't do it at the end because I don't really care about the rear speakers enough to cut sheet metal. Was a bit annoyed though, since it's a pain in the but to get there.
    I'm not sure if the cutouts on the 1997 ext. Cabs are the same but I would assume so? Your truck is two years younger and with a 3rd door and you're planing to go for the P1462 and not the T1462 like I did, so take this information for what it is. Just wanted to give in my two cents.