rim/wheel weight on an OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is too much.... Im having seriouse handling problems with my 97 2wd silverado with a new Fabtech 7.5 lift ( been on almost 5 months now ) 17x9 Moto Metal 951 that weigh 33 pounds each, tires are Hankook Dynapro atm LT315/70/17 that i cant find a weight spec for....

truck rides extremely rough and is all over the road, the front end was rebuilt with all new parts (Moog) even replaced the control arms. gear box is good and changed out the speed sensor and still steers badly.... the only thing i can think of is the tire/wheel combo is just too heavy ?

Im pulling the lift out and going with a spindle lift and 15" rims and 33's i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas about the whole weight thing with wheel tire combo? ive tried everything

thanks

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tried having the tires rebalanced? also might try a different set of tires if you have a buddy that will let you use his for a try, i have seen a bad set of tires do this

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tires are balanced and it drives smooth no vibration at any speed. But I was just wondering what everyone is running on there 2wd as far as tire/rim weight. I want to keep the rims but if their too heavy then I will get something lighter

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well when Fed Ex dropped off (4 ) rims/tires the shipping label said it was 500 pounds, i just thought that was alot. i think im still taking it all off and going with a easier set up that rides smooth again.......