repairing cracked dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Can you back up the cracked areas with pieces of abs plastic?

Sent from an obama phone

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just tryin to save sum cash instead of buyin a new dash which was my last resort....what about plastic welding from the back? ive repaired tons of panels that way in the past at work....but they didnt seem to be so brittle....

I totally can relate to the saving cash aspect. I'm in the same situation and looking at used dashes from eBay... a new dash panel from LMC is $999.95 <---OUCH!!!

Last edited:

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well epoxy seems to have held it together so prolly next week ill start breakin it down and pull it out for repair and to relocate my harness on the firewall so it will lay out....

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I repaired my dash with superglue then fiberglass. Did it in place. In retrospect I would remove it, then repair with fiberglass, top and bottom. You could replace it with a junkyard dash fer 100-200 bucks, but it would still be a brittle, 20yr old piece of plastic.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id suggest the brackets, 3M also has a nwer product for dash cracks, its a paste and you heat it up with a supplied heat gun thing and its melts and coforms to the crack and takes the pattern of the dash material. sand it a hair and paint over it and it holds and looks great. unfortunately youll have to pain a large area or else it will stand out.