Removable Bell housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a rebuilt 4l60e for a 97-06 that featured a removable bellhousing, i have a 98 and broke the bellhousing does the 98 4l60e have a removable one or not?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
I saw a rebuilt 4l60e for a 97-06 that featured a removable bellhousing, i have a 98 and broke the bellhousing does the 98 4l60e have a removable one or not?
the two kind of bell housings are the one piece removable bell housing and the 2 piece bell housing, stock my truck came with the 2 piece bell housing but last time i switched cases i went with the 1 piece removable, i think the one piece looks better but the 2 piece is easy to work on, the only difference in swappping is you need the dust cover to go with the 1 piece bell housing or if you are going to the 2 piece then you need the bottom section of the bell housing, also when i switched to the 1 piece i couldnt get my tranny lines to fit properly so i ended up cutting a 8 inch section out of it and replaced it with rubber hose, which in the long run makes it super easy to work on