remote oil filter and dual coolers? and oil coolers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i have a freind with a stock 91 or 92 k1500 1 ton leafs in the rear 700r4 with a few slight mods and its got close to 350k on it with a 385 TBI engine with close to the same mileage. he has an external filter on the trans where the ports are? as well as the stock cooler in the radiator and one aftermarket external. the truck was used mainly for towing a 5th wheel and after the 120k mark it never had a rebuild, he recently retired it and now its street driven.

any benefits to this or just pulling the wool over my eyes. i have an external cooler and one for the radiator but dont have the radiator one used would i have any benefit or adding a t fitting to both feed and returna dn running both coolers?

and would adding a remote mount filter do any good? might add a little more fluid but then why not get a deeper pan am i right?

also as for as trans and oil coolers in the radiators go does anyone know the proper thread and nipple sizes to put those in the radiator and housings?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Those radiator fitting sizes are retarded. I just used the stock fitting and left a few inches of the metal line on it then flared the end to run 8AN fittings with my own hose, then used AN to NPT adapter for the other end. I can't recall the NPT size for the oil filter housing though. For some reason I enjoy making my own lines.

I am thinking about getting a dual oil filter relocation kit and making my own 8AN lines for it as my next mini project.