Remote Lock Fobs Modules 97 vs 99

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy Frantz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm working on a 97 K3500 with remote locks. Unfortunately I don't have the key fob controls, but I do have the remains of a 99 Suburban with the harness module and the key fobs.
My question is, can I simply install the harness module from the 99 burb into my 97 truck and have it work with its fobs?

Thanks!!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm working on a 97 K3500 with remote locks. Unfortunately I don't have the key fob controls, but I do have the remains of a 99 Suburban with the harness module and the key fobs.
My question is, can I simply install the harness module from the 99 burb into my 97 truck and have it work with its fobs?

Thanks!!
Should be able to reprogram the fobs, unless you're saying you have manual locks. In the case of the latter, I don't know, but if you have remote locks installed and you just need fobs Google the procedure for reprogramming the fobs before switching transceivers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk