Red and brown paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a pic of the rpo code tag on the website. It shows the WA numbers and those are the paint codes. That is not to say that truck has been painted back to the exact original color either.

lower color is Wa-9008, Upper Wa-9088 The lower color is usually the primary/jamb color.

The name of the color is unimportant. Chevy, Gmc, Buick might have all had the same paint code but called the colors by different names on different sales brochures. Ie, In old color books, there might be a red chip with a specific Wa#, and following will be all the color callouts, fire engine red , torch red, sunset red etc.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There's a pic of the rpo code tag on the website. It shows the WA numbers and those are the paint codes. That is not to say that truck has been painted back to the exact original color either.

lower color is Wa-9008, Upper Wa-9088 The lower color is usually the primary/jamb color.

The name of the color is unimportant. Chevy, Gmc, Buick might have all had the same paint code but called the colors by different names on different sales brochures. Ie, In old color books, there might be a red chip with a specific Wa#, and following will be all the color callouts, fire engine red , torch red, sunset red etc.
Yep, back in 1969, the Chevy color was Hugger Orange, but its Pontiac name was Carousel Red. Same color, just different name if it's on a Camaro or a GTO Judge.....and all the companies did this. Mopar people know that In-Violet is the Plymouth name for Plum Crazy, the Dodge purple metallic paint.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sh it, I didn't realize they had more pictures of the truck, that would've gotten me closer to my answer. Mystery solved.
Yup, I would consider the secondary color on that truck more of a darker gold. Typically I'm not into gold colors myself but the two colors on that truck work really well together.