Recharged my AC and now nothing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for making another AC thread but i thought this was kinda odd? I recently had my ac recharged and while it was charging everything was going well. the air blew out cold enough to make icecicles in the truck. After it got done charging i let the truck sit until i had to work which was about 30 mins. When i went to start the truck back up the check engine came on and started blinking. I didnt think anything of it since the truck ran fine and i was running late to work. When i left work that night the check engine light went off and now the ac button and air circulate button dont work? (dont light up at all and the compressor isnt coming on) and then my blower seems to be stuck on the floor. I'm kind of at a loss since EVERYTHING worked perfectly before this.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
My cousins truck was doing crazy stuff like this and we pulled the control head out to swap it out and the plug on the back of the control head has shorted and started melting. You could check that.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much freon was used.. I just know it was enough to fill up the truck. I am taking it to get looked at today to help narrow things out. Will i still get a code even though the check engine light has went off?