rear hatch wont latch or close, need p/n's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will85iroc

Reaction score
my rear hatch glass will not lock shut when I open it, it used to close when I slammed about ten times but now it wont...does anyone have the part number for the latch and striker ?? here are a few pics...

Attachments

• DSCN1633yyyytz.jpg
    DSCN1633yyyytz.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN1634yyyyt.jpg
    DSCN1634yyyyt.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 14

will85iroc

Reaction score
any suggestions? i checked lmc catalog but nothing in there, should i check the bone yard?? thank s again

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Years ago, I had an S10 Blazer with a latch system like that....Its a matter of getting it adjusted right

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Check with your dealer for part number and pricing. If it's never been lubricated in it's life, it may be seized.

grabowski

Reaction score
Yep, total zombie thread to the top.

I have a '94 'burb with the tailgate & glass hatch. The switch "Rear Window Release" to "pop" the glass, under the headlight switch used to "pop"/unlock the glass. Walk around and lift the glass up. Same with the key in the handle of the tailgate, turn it and the hatch glass would become unlocked, ready to lift up. This is exactly the info out of my '94 'burb/Blazer owners manual.

Neither the key nor the switch is doing that anymore. If you hold the switch or the key "on", it will allow the glass to be lifted up.

I have removed the tailgate interior panel and verified the solenoid plunger is working correctly, everything is lubed and moving smoothly.

Anyone have the factory adjustment procedure?

Ideas?

Another forum for Yukon/Tahoe was of no help.

Cheers!