Random misfire....P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eggman

Reaction score
Did a search, read as many pages that I could, found no reference to a possible answer to my question.

Rockauto.com has a couple of listings for the spider injector setup. However, one has 5 mm injector black tubing, and another one has the 6.5 mm injector white tubing. Which one should I order? I have a 97 K1500 5.7L with 195k miles. They both are listed for the 5.7L. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Eggman

Reaction score
Can I reuse the same mounting bracket that I have or do I have to order one to fit the new injector set up?

Thanks.

NathanY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my truck gave that code, it was from a vacuum leak. There was a big hose on the back side of the big plastic air breather tube. Its hard to see, but its about the size of your thumb, if it comes off, it will give a random misfire code. I plugged it in, and the code went away.

Eggman

Reaction score
I don't think that its the hose because it doesn't happen all the time. Drove it about 250 miles this weekend and it happend one time. I will however check it out later this morning just to make sure. I did order the injector spider from amazon along with an intake gasket kit this morning for installing this weekend. Both should be here by Wednesday. Thanks for the help, will let you know how it went.

Eggman

Reaction score
Update: The change went pretty easy. However, when I started it back up after the change out it ran for about 10 seconds and reved up and died.....had a moment of dumbassness, re-attached the brake booster hose and it ran much better. Not great, but better. Seemed like I had a vacuum leak. Sprayed carb cleaner around the intake, no difference. Tried starting fluid, no difference. No intake leaks anywhere. Kept throwing a MAF sensor code. Cleaned it about 3 times in the last 3 years, figured it had went bad finally so I replaced it. New module in the distributor. Running better. Going down the highway, mileage went from 14 to 16, so a definate improvement. But when in park or nuetral, sitting still, sometimes it wants to die when put into drive or reverse. It is currently throwing 2 codes consistantly, P0171 and P0174, and once it threw p1351. Any ideas?