RAM 1500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Alright! It's OFFICIALLY Confirmed that the RAM brand will be the first to provide a 1/2 ton diesel pickup truck! It's not going to be a Cummins..but rather a 3.0-liter, 240-hp turbodiesel VM Motori engine. Here's the Diesel Power Article

http://blogs.dieselpowermag.com/6771188/whats-new/2014-ton-diesel-ram-1500-spy-photo/

Definitely some cool news, it will also work its way into some of the Jeep lineup...which is another topic in itself.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
While I'm upset about the WM engine, This is a move in the right step.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Ya, I was really hoping for a baby Cummins, but as far as I know from talking to dealer lots, diesels are moving pretty fast this year and with the MPGs this can get, people will want it unless its prices too high, it will need to still be in the price range of a Gasoline half ton or people will just buy a 3/4 ton. Hopefully this will hear Ford and GM to follow through with a 1/2 ton diesel. The new Silverado looks perfect for a baby DMax.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not exactly a first.

GM offered 1/2 ton diesels in the 80's and right up into the end of the 90's.

But still a significant move forward for modern diesel power vehicles.

We are sooooo behind the rest of the world with diesels in NA......

Last edited:

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not exactly a first.

GM offered 1/2 ton diesels in the 80's and right up into the end of the 90's.

But still a significant move forward for modern diesel power vehicles.

We are sooooo behind the rest of the world with diesels in NA......

So did Dodge from 78-93:driver:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ya, I was really hoping for a baby Cummins, but as far as I know from talking to dealer lots, diesels are moving pretty fast this year and with the MPGs this can get, people will want it unless its prices too high, it will need to still be in the price range of a Gasoline half ton or people will just buy a 3/4 ton. Hopefully this will hear Ford and GM to follow through with a 1/2 ton diesel. The new Silverado looks perfect for a baby DMax.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Cummins spent millions on a V6 diesel program for Dodge when Chrysler still owned them, then that got put to rest when the economy went to crap. They tried it again when Mercedes bought Chrysler with a Mercedes engine, and that never ended up happening.

Overall, I don't care what engine it is, I'm very excited about this. It's a step in the right direction.

Here's a post I made on another forum when someone asked how to make his 12v "roll coal".

You must be registered for see images

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the 3L diesel they are going to use is the same one in the Grand Cherokee and the benz Suv's Makes ok Power and great milage

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
the 3L diesel they are going to use is the same one in the Grand Cherokee and the benz Suv's Makes ok Power and great milage

Holy jeebus!

There's a reason to avoid it right there.

Friend of mine has one of those. It's a nightmare when it breaks or he has to get it serviced and it's a dog when you hit the loud pedal. Costs more money in parts than the truck is worth. Everything comes with that expensive little mer symbol on it....$$$$$$$$$

Can't imagine that thing in a full size....

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy jeebus!

There's a reason to avoid it right there.

Friend of mine has one of those. It's a nightmare when it breaks or he has to get it serviced and it's a dog when you hit the loud pedal. Costs more money in parts than the truck is worth. Everything comes with that expensive little mer symbol on it....$$$$$$$$$

Can't imagine that thing in a full size....
First bad thing I've heard about it. My friend who runs a local Dodge Dealer says nothing but great things about them and even has one lol