Rail caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have plastic rail caps on my truck and they are pretty warped. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to lay nice and flat?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 22

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
You could use a heavy duty double sided adhesive. But honestly if it were me I would just bedline them with Monstaliner

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go to a local automotive paint store they sell wipes that are an adhesion promoter there made by 3m,they look like an alchol pad. Wipe the bed rail down with them put the 3m tape the full length of the bed cap in 2 rows and make sure there where u want them before you set them on the bed rail. That will strighten them out. If you just use the 3m tape it probably wont hold it stright since its warped already.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would use the 1'' wide 3m as stated above and lightly use a heat gun on them to get them softened up to lay flat or lay them on a 2x4 in the hot sun with weight on them would help too. the adhesion promoter is a good idea also

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the aluminum diamond plate ones on mine before I had the bed rhino lined over the rails, no warping and took some abuse. you can get them with or without stake pocket holes and black or polished.