Radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ronburgundy

Reaction score
I've got a problem with the radio in my truck. When I first got it the original radio wouldn't keep the time or stations. So I dealt with it until I put my new one (sony xplod) in and wouldn't even turn on. Well I brought out my meter and found that the memory wire wasn't getting power so I jumped the power wire to it and got it to work.

Now my problem is the same thing. It won't keep any memory. I've got no power to the one radio fuse in the fuse block and power to the other. Any ideas? I looked on the back of the block through the dash and it looks ok. Should I unbolt the fuse block and take a better look?

I'd hate to chase wires. Would it be ok to jump power from the radio fuse that works to the one that doesn't?

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
Any constant power from the battery will work for the memory wire. It doesn't pull that much juice so pick the one of your choice. The radio fuse would be a good choice. I have also found that if in the past a fuse tap was used and then removed, when the fuse is reinserted it doesn't make good contact. wiggle the fuse and check with your meter to see if it comes and goes.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
You need 12v constant or it will continue to loose memory.

Your choices are to either chase down the 12V constant in the radio harness or find another source under the dash and tap into it....

96ronburgundy

Reaction score
Yea I knew it needed the constant for the memory but I wasn't sure if it was ok or correct to pull power from another spot. I don't wanna do something stupid. I'll try and pull power from the other radio fuse. Thank you!

96ronburgundy

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. I was reading the fuse block wrong and the fuse for the radio memory was missing.

So since I got that working I put in my 4x6s that I got when I had my s-10.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362510635.209987.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362510635.209987.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I feel like an idiot. I was reading the fuse block wrong and the fuse for the radio memory was missing.

So since I got that working I put in my 4x6s that I got when I had my s-10.

Meh, everyone misses something no and then.