radio control lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only recently noticed my radio buttons are no longer illuminated when my lights are on in my 94 Silverado. I did a search but can't find how to replace bad lamps or whatever they are in these radios. Anyone have a link to repairs for these?

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only recently noticed my radio buttons are no longer illuminated when my lights are on in my 94 Silverado. I did a search but can't find how to replace bad lamps or whatever they are in these radios. Anyone have a link to repairs for these?
@AK49BWL is an expert on these radios, but I haven’t seen him on here in a while.

383mazda

Reaction score
This style radio requires soldering in new bulbs - not hard at all with the right tools.
You must be registered for see images attach

This style is just a few bulbs that you replace from sockets once you get the face plate off.

Both styles involve taking the outside "walls" of the radio apart. It's only a few screws, but the sheetmetal can be a bit of a puzzle to fit back together, not to hard though.