Quick install question for a headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brickyard

Reaction score
I searched, but didn't come up with anything useful.

I have it down to three wires remaining, from the truck, I have one orange, then from the aftermarket harness I have two (orange, and orange/white). Now, on my headunit I just have a single orange.

Looking it up, it is for the dimmer / illumination wires that I am having issues with. I would presume just the illumination needs hooked up? I am not concerned with dimming the radio lights. So solid orange? I just want to make sure.

[Truck to harness------- (orange)] - [harness from truck to HU ===== (Orange, Orange/white)] - [harness to head unit -------- (orange)]

If my quicky diagram makes sense.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
if i remember right it is just for illumination mine didnt have an orange from the truck to the harness so i took those two wires and taped them together mine doesnt dim and im fine with that

Brickyard

Reaction score
I got it figured out. I left the orange/white disconnected and just taped it off as to not short out. Radio works great, sounds good. Next step some speakers for the doors, and subs.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
ive had speakers for my front doors since before i bought the truck and havent put themm in yet :/