Problem after problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onelozu

Reaction score
Well got the bracket,then put the truck back together,started it and it ran way better than before,then noticed the fuel line wasnt sealed and was leaking pretty bad,so I went kill the fuel pump to get rid of the fuel psi to fix it and by the time I got back to the front of the truck it was on fire....thankfully nothing got messed up so I start messing with the fuel lines to seal it and broke off one of the studs that the bracket bolts to....fuckkkk!

onelozu

Reaction score
Well looks like I'm off to the junk yard again this weekend,need to get new fuel lines,these are linked up and the return line won't go all the way into the injector/:

onelozu

Reaction score
On second thought,does anyone see a problem with me cutting the metal line and slipping a rubber one on to get rid of the kink?? And put like 3 hose clamps on each side? We did that to an s10 once and it held up good

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
On second thought,does anyone see a problem with me cutting the metal line and slipping a rubber one on to get rid of the kink?? And put like 3 hose clamps on each side? We did that to an s10 once and it held up good

I've done it many times with no issues. If you have a TBI truck it isn't a high pressure system and you won't have any issues what so ever. Just get some rubber fuel line from your local auto parts store(does NOT have to be high pressure if you have TBI), use a small pipe cutter and slide at least an inch of the metal fuel line into the new rubber line. It would be best if you are able to flare the end to help keep the clamp from sliding.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
I've done it many times with no issues. If you have a TBI truck it isn't a high pressure system and you won't have any issues what so ever. Just get some rubber fuel line from your local auto parts store(does NOT have to be high pressure if you have TBI), use a small pipe cutter and slide at least an inch of the metal fuel line into the new rubber line. It would be best if you are able to flare the end to help keep the clamp from sliding.
It's a vortec and run aleast 40 psi in the lines when running.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
It's a vortec and run aleast 40 psi in the lines when running.

Eh you can do it but use a high pressure rubber fuel line and you have to flare the metal line. I wouldn't keep it like that for long, just a temporary band-aide. Earl's has the best lines and fittings I've used. I had a Summit gift card and bought a bunch of them.

onelozu

Reaction score
I went ahead and did it,just to be able to start it,I'm going to pull a part this weekend and I'll get the fuel line along with bucket seats hopefully

onelozu

Reaction score
Okay truck is back up and running,running damn good too! No fires and no leaks,not even from the hose,anyone know how much pressure runs through the return line? Also it's hesitant to start but it'll crank up