Pre-Trip Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well that's gonna be a problem for me... it was hard enough to convince my girlfriend to let me buy myself a jack so I can even change the oil... now I'll have to convince her to let me buy something that I'll probably only use once to do something that isnt even that important (to her).

you should do it more often than once. My dad does his f150 evry other oil change

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tell her what will happen if a tie rod fails! haha jk. I do it at every oil change, that's 3000k. I am weird like that.

Think of this... my oil hasnt been changed since October 7, 2012... because she doesnt want me spending money... this truck (Suburban or not, it's a friggin full-size truck) is driven daily. I have to have put at least 6000 miles on it since the last oil change...

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think of this... my oil hasnt been changed since October 7, 2012... because she doesnt want me spending money... this truck (Suburban or not, it's a friggin full-size truck) is driven daily. I have to have put at least 6000 miles on it since the last oil change...

:slap:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
sounds like she needs to accept cars need oil or they won't work...

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like she needs to accept cars need oil or they won't work...

That's how I convinced her... our last car seized from being bone dry on oil... she kept trying to stretch it til "next week when we have the money"

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need a new chick. That one is way to controlling...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol!
Truck-little maintenance.
G/F-High maintenance?
She does need to get to the hair/nail salon/spa/restaurants/theaters/parents/GF's/school/work!
Next oil change, change her, too! (jk!)

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need a new chick. That one is way to controlling...

With a kid, I'm not leaving anytime soon... Main reason I play nice is so she doesnt run off with our daughter.

Well I hope you put synthetic oil in last time. How black is the oil?

I was told not to mix synthetic with conventional. Once you've put on in, you cant use the other.
And when I manage to change my oil, I'll be sure to take a picture of the oil.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol!
Truck-little maintenance.
G/F-High maintenance?
She does need to get to the hair/nail salon/spa/restaurants/theaters/parents/GF's/school/work!
Next oil change, change her, too! (jk!)

Actually, she's lazy as hell... When I say she doesnt want to spend money, I mean she doesnt want to spend any money. If it's not bills or gas, it's usually a no go... And if it's not work, she tends not to leave the house... Hell, I get the third, fourth, and fifth degrees if I want to go out with friends... Complains I'm just dumping the kid on her... Our daughter is in bed every night between 9 and 930. Asleep until 8 or 9 the next morning.